Access Statement for No1 The Laurels B&B
No1 The Laurels is a private house which has been providing B&B to guests for some 16 years. There are no rooms which are specifically adapted for use by guests with physical impairment and all rooms are at first floor level.
Free wireless internet connection is available in all rooms. Please ask for the access code.
- Public transport-the nearest train station is Hassocks on the London to Brighton line-5 miles. Horsham station is approx 12 miles. There is a limited bus service to the village from Brighton/Horsham and Worthing but all buses stop at around 19.00pm
- The village centre is about 5 minutes walk on fairly flat terrain
- Horsham has a shop-mobility scheme
- Taxis are not easy to come by especially at night.
- Parking-there is parking available either directly in front of the premises or in a lay-by on the private approach drive
- The front door of the property has a step up to it---all rooms are located at first floor level and are accessed via one flight of stairs with hand rail. There is no lift. It is suggested that guests with mobility/visual and hearing impairment should be accompanied to ensure safety.
Arrival &Car Parking Facilities
- Car parking is available either directly in front of the house or in lay-by on the private drive to the property. The drive to the house from Martyn Close is flat and constructed of tarmac. There is a dropped curb from the drive to the forecourt which is constructed of brick paviours. The car park is lit at night but the drive is dark. Whenever possible assistance will be given with luggage and gaining entrance to the house.
- Guide (service) dogs will be provided with a water bowl. No dogs other than guide dogs are accepted on the premises.
Main Entrance, Reception &Ticketing Area
- There is one entrance to the premises and this has a fairly high step-it is a single leaf, side hung door.
- The small entrance hall is well lit.
- Additional keys to rooms can be supplied on request
- Service dogs will be provided with a water bowl, bedding and food should be provided by the guest. There may be a dog walking facility on request.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- Access to all rooms is by a flight of carpeted stairs with one turn. There is a handrail on one side
- All rooms go off a fairly narrow, carpeted landing.
- Doors to all rooms have key operated locks. Doors are of standard width.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- A ground floor sitting room may be available to guests at the owners discretion. This is carpeted and furnished with easy chairs.
- There is a small unisex cloakroom on the ground floor accessed from the entrance hall which is carpeted. Space is restricted and not suitable for wheel chairs or those with mobility difficulties.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar &Bar area, Take Away &Cafe
- Breakfasts is served in the carpeted dining- room which is accessed off the entrance hall and through the sitting room. The breakfast menu and choices of beverage will be communicated verbally.
- Special diets/allergies will be catered for whenever possible but please state your requirements either at time of booking or on arrival.
- A range of cereals and fruit juices can be selected from a self service table or will be served at table on request. Plated food and hot beverages will be served to the table.
- All areas are NON SMOKING
- Tables and chairs are moveable. Chairs are upholstered, without arms.
- There are no guest laundry facilities available but items may be washed by the proprietor on request.
An iron and ironing board will be brought to a room on request subject to availability
- Access to the garden at the rear of the property may be made available to guests at the discretion of the proprietor. The rear garden is accessed through the dining -room . There is a step down from the door . There is a paved terrace surrounded by a low wall and steps up to a small lawned area with flower- beds and shrubs. Seating will be provided on request.
Bedrooms &Sleeping Areas
- There are no rooms available with adapted bathroom facilities. Bath/shower-rooms are small with standard doorways.
- All rooms are carpeted and level.
- There is a remote controlled TV available in each room with freeview , teletext and DVD player.
- There are tea and coffee making facilities available in each room with a kettle
- Beds are either single/double or twin divan beds, most have access from both sides
- A familiarisation tour of the room is usually offered.
- Rooms are fitted with smoke detectors and there is a fire alarm system and the stairway and landing has emergency lighting and break glass alarm points
- There is a small small armchair and an upright chair in each room.
Bathroom, Shower-room &WC [En suite or Shared]
- There are two double and one twin en-suite rooms and one single with private bathroom. One double room has a bath with shower over. The private bathroom for the single bedroom has a bath with shower over. The other double bedded room and the twin room have walk in showers with a step up for access
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises
- In the event of fire an alarm will sound and guests should exit rooms via the landing and stairs and out of the front door. There is emergency lighting on the exit route.
- To confirm a booking credit card details will be taken or a deposit required. In the event of a cancellation within 48 hours of the booked date of stay or failure to turn up the full cost of the first nights booking will be taken.
Address: No1 The Laurels
Telephone: 01273 493518
Fax: 0844 500 3608
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01273 493518 or email email@example.com
Created: 5 August 2008
- Safe & Secure Payment
- Free Parking
- Parking Facilities
- Internet Services
- Walking Holidays
- Country Retreat